Do people care about good public participation? This is an important conversation. So we’re asking you:
- What does good P2 look like?
- When and why should it be used?
- Do you think people care about P2? If not, should they?
Be part of the conversation!
We want to hear from you.
So as to bring your ideas into the room in Montreal. Add your comments to this post!
The theme of the IAP2 North American Montreal Conference is “Who Cares about Public Participation”. We want to learn about what good public participation means to you, your city, your infrastructure project, your issues – Climate Change, Health, Education, Community Policing – your country, and so much more!!!
We are thrilled to have many different speakers from around the world coming to Montreal to share their experiences and we know you will learn from both their successes and failures. To learn more please take a look at the Schedule at a Glance.
Please continue to challenge us with other questions and ideas. Tell us your stories. This is your conversation.
To join in:
- Comment on this Blog post using the Comment box below
- Send a tweet and see what happens – please use the conference hashtag #iap2mtl16
We also hope that you will join us at the Conference. But you don’t want to wait much longer: the early-bird rate is only in effect until June 30: $550.00 for IAP2 members; $700.00 for non-members. As of July 1, prices jump to $700 and $850, respectively (students pay $300 at all times).
Remember: Your registration fee also includes your choice of pre-conference events on Wednesday, Sept. 28 – the Indigenous Engagement Workshop and P2 the Québec Way – as well as breakfasts and lunches on Thursday and Friday, and the Core Values Awards Gala Dinner Cruise on September 29.
One more thing…
We need your help in getting the word out about the conversation and the conference. Thanks to our social networks, it’s easy!
- Follow @iap2cdn on Twitter and retweet our messages, hashtag #iap2mtl16
- Join the IAP2 Canada Facebook (facebook.com/iap2canada) and LinkedIn groups and share our posts.
- If you know of people doing great P2 work, encourage them to apply for an IAP2 Core Values Award. The deadline is June 9.
See you in Montréal!